Thursday, June 24, 2010

We're still kickin over here.

Yes, it's been awhile.
Yes, I'm probably the worst blogger in the world.
No, I don't care, I'm doing my best here with the little sliver of creativity I have.
Like I say to my kids (A quote I learned from a very wise mom).
"You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit."

Here are my girls on one of our weekly adventures to Walmart. One thing I love about my girls is they hate shopping about as much as I do. One afternoon I told them the sad news that we had to go to Walmart. Abbey began crying and begging that we don't go. It didn't take her much convincing for me to cancel the walmart trip, and I told her we'd save the trip until the next day. I asked her why she didn't want to go so badly, to which she responded.
"Mom, just like you say, there doesn't always have to be a reason."
This is the "next day" when we finally made it there. I treated them to McDonalds, and we took a few fun pictures. I love that these two are such good buddies.

We've had our chihuahua "Papito" for almost a year now.
The girls love him....he's a pain in my butt.
sigh....
But he is really good with the kids. Clara carries him around absolutely EVERYWHERE.
I can tell he hates it, but he just sits there and lets her treat
him like he's her very own living doll.
Can't you tell he's just wishing he could jump out of
her arms and run to the nearest hiding spot?

Here's what I've been working on at the house.
It might be kind of hard to see in the picture, but.....
I've been painting!!
It took me over a year to pick out the colors I wanted, but it's been so much fun.
I've never done anything like this in my life. I was scared at first, but I'm loving it.
Abbey tells me I should get a job as a painter.
The dark color is called, Wild Manzanita. It's a deep deep red, almost brown. The light color is called, Quiet Veranda (Doesn't that name make you want to go to Italy or something? I love it). It's a yellowish beige.

5 comments:

Rheslie said...

Where to start! I love you and I love your Mom quote. That lady is the best mom I have ever had! I love her! Also, your girls are so cute! how are they the cutest little people I know? HOW!!! I think they have magic cute beans they eat for dinner every night.

Poor dog, love it though. Isn't it fun to have a little creature running around your house? A little living thing? Thats why I like my cats so much.

PAINTING!!!! Sarah, that is something I have never been able to do! Painting is SO SCARY!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!! I will always always have white walls because I am a lazy scared little person! I am so proud of my big sis!

Anonymous said...

Sarah loved your blog and of course, wise sayings from your mother, she is so wise! Did I ever tell you that is what I want to be is a very old wrinkley granny sitting in her rocker on the porch giving out words of wisdom but only when asked or maybe in some story or parable! Ha! Could happen?! I miss those girls you can have them stay with me when you have to shop. I get their horror of walmart. I think im a bit homesick.

Melanie Hahn said...

there was so much excitment in this post!!! First i have to say that Marlee also throws a fit when she hears we are going to Walmart (she likes all other stores...) Silly kids!!!
Love the pic of puppy! He does seem like he's looking for where he can run away to though. Poor dog lol.
LOVE your rood!!! Painting is very hard work! Last month I spent an entire week painting our new house. It was hard hard work. I still hate paint and never want to paint again lol.

Rhett said...

A bomb went off. A bomb of awesome. And it all went into your blog post and rad family!

natalieandderyk said...

Stanley cries when I say it is time to go to walmart too. Love the colors you picked out! Can't wait to see you guys!